The history of medical education in Brno dates back to 1886 when the first Secondary School for Girls was founded at the Czech Patriotic Association Vesna. An important date for our school is September 1, 1921, when a branch of the Municipal Vocational Schools for Girls was established at Merhautova Street No. 37. On September 1, 1927, the name was changed to the Municipal School for Women’s Professions. In 1935, a new school building was built at Merhautova Street No. 15. The building in the functionalist style was constructed and designed by the leading Brno architect Josef Polášek and it was completed in 1938.
Secondary Medical School and Higher Vocational
Medical School Brno, Merhautova, State budget institution
613 00 Brno
Phone: +420 545 576 263
602 00 Brno
Phone: +420 543 247 951